At HR Systems, we offer a wide range of services that are customized according to the needs of each client company. We help companies focus on their core business by freeing management from the daily human resource responsibilities.
Human Resource Support & Consultation
- Payroll Processing
- HR Support & Consultation
- Handbook Development
- Regulatory Guidance
- OSHA Compliance
- Record Keeping
- Workers’ Comp. and Unemployment Admin.
- Job Descriptions
- Benefit Administration
- Pre-Employment Screening
- Employee Development
- Hiring & Discharge Consultation
- Employee Relations
Historically, labor attorneys may have advised against written policies, but most are now saying written policies are essential and in some cases mandatory. Handbooks are now the basic human resource tool used for communicating workplace policies to employees. Employee handbooks summarize the relationship between the employer and the employee, fulfill regulatory compliances and usually serve as the first line of defense when situations occur. This includes the following steps:
• Making sure your handbook is compliant according to Federal & State regulations, reflecting current regulatory changes.
• Customize your company policies and procedures to reflect actual company practices, not “cookie cutter” statements.
• HR Systems will advise on policies that should be included to reduce liabilities and exposure. Policy updates or new policies are needed to reflect changes in business culture. Recent technological advancements and the use of social networking require companies to implement policies addressing social networking, texting and cell phone and computer usage.
A well-defined handbook is the first step in defense of claims against the company. Without written policies, your organization is left to defend itself from what may look like arbitrary actions against an employee in a protected class.
HR Systems can work with you in developing policies tailored to your needs to meet the objectives of your organization. This will help protect your revenue, business and avoid lawsuits which could be very costly or could result in the loss of your business.
For more information on how HR Systems can put you on the right track, contact us.